Hospitality Operations Certificate with Co-op

Program Overview

Welcome to our Hospitality Operations Certificate with Co-op Program, offered in partnership with the prestigious American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI), a global leader in hospitality accreditation, and as an AHLEI-credentialed program, we offer you an excellent opportunity to earn a globally recognized certificate. 

At the heart of our program is a carefully designed curriculum based on industry standards and best practices. Through engaging coursework and hands-on training, you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and practical experience necessary to succeed in a variety of roles in the hospitality and tourism industry.

By partnering with AHLEI, we ensure that our graduates not only receive a Hospitality Operations Certificate from Royal Metro College, but also specialized certificates endorsed by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA). These professional certificates demonstrate your expertise and proficiency in specific areas of hospitality operations, further enhancing your credentials in the industry and competitiveness in the marketplace.

Whether you want to become a Food and Beverage Operations Manager, shine in Front Office Management, or excel in leading a Housekeeping operation, our programs provide you with the tools and certifications you need to thrive in diverse hospitality environments.

Join us on our journey as we help you begin a fulfilling career in the dynamic hospitality and tourism industry. Through our programs, AHLEI’s authoritative certifications will illuminate your path to success, paving the way for unlimited opportunities and career advancement. Welcome to join us!

Admission Requirements

Applicants must have completed grade 12 or equivalent, or have mature student status (at least 19 years old)

Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency through with prior education in English at grade 10 level or higher or through an English language assessment (IELTS 5 or equivalent).

Course Outline

103Hospitality Today: An Introduction80
241Management of Food and Beverage Operations80
250Supervision in the Hospitality Industry80
261Hotel and Restaurant Accounting80
333Managing Front Office Operations80
338Managing Housekeeping Operations80

Tuition and Duration

NOC Code6313 - Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors
CIP Code52.0903 - Hospitality administration/management, general
DurationHours: 720
Weeks Full-Time: 36
Weeks Part-Time: 48
Work ExperienceCooperative Placement Hours: 240
ScheduleFull Time or Part Time
Delivery MethodIn-Class
Language of InstructionEnglish
Domestic StudentsInternational Students
Application Fee$250$250
Administration Fee$350$350
Assessment Fee$250$250
Course Materials Fee$750$750

Program Related Questions

  • When does the program start?
    • The program start every month for flexible enrollment.
  • How long does the program take?
    • Each course within Hospitality programs takes approximately 1 month.
  • How long does it take to obtain the graduation certificate after completing the course?
    • Graduation certificates and official transcripts are typically issued within 2-3 weeks after all assignments are submitted.
  • What is the delivery method of the program?
    • We offer in-person, distance and hybrid classes.
  • Is the diploma recognized?
    • Yes, graduates can work as professionals in tourism, hospitality, and the service industry globally. Upon completing the program, graduates will also receive Hospitality Management Diploma and Certificate of Specialization for Rooms Division from the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA).
  • What topics/courses does the Hospitality program cover?
    • For detailed course outline, please refer to this page.
  • Can I transfer credits from other institutions?
    • Yes, we accept credit transfers from other institutions. The credit transfer needs to be approved by our Registry Office. For details, please contact

General Questions

  • When was RMC founded?
    • RMC was founded in 2005 as a career-training college in Coquitlam, BC.
  • What courses/programs do you offer?
    • At Royal Metro College (RMC), we offer a wide range of diploma and certificate programs. Including Esthetics Diploma (with Co-op option), Hospitality Diploma (with Co-op option), Business Administration Diploma, Early Childhood Education Assistant (ECEA), Nail Technology Certificate, Pedicure & Manicure, Facial Certificate, Waxing Certificate, and Eyelash Extension Certificate (three levels). We also offer Intensive Academic Preparation (IAP) and English Studies (ESL) programs to accelerate students’ academic progress.
  • Do you offer financial aid?
    • Qualified students can apply for StudentAid BC. They help with the cost of post-secondary education through student loans, grants, and scholarships. StudentAid BC also has programs that help with loan repayment.
  • How to apply for Royal Metro College?
    • You can apply in-person at Royal Metro College (RMC) or online, please visit here for more detail. To apply in-person, please visit us at #323-800 Carnarvon St, New Westminster, BC V3M 0J3.
  • When can I receive an update on my application?
    • You will receive an update on your application within 1-3 business days.
  • Do your programs qualify for study permit applications for international students?
    • All of our diploma programs are qualified for study permit applications. Students can apply for study permits within Canada or overseas. Royal Metro College welcomes students all over the world.
  • Is your diploma recognized in the industry/across Canada?
    • Yes, our diplomas are recognized worldwide, allowing graduates to work as professionals globally.
  • Is Royal Metro College (RMC) a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)?
    • Royal Metro College (RMC) is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) approved by the BC Ministry and Advanced Education – Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) and Education Quality Assurance (EQA) of British Columbia.
  • What’s the Refund policy?
    • For detailed information regarding refund policy, please refer to the refund policy.
  • Do you provide Provincial Attestation Letters (PAL) to international students?
    • Royal Metro College (RMC) can provide Provincial Attestation Letters (PAL) required for study permit applications to international students.
Call Now Button